The 1842 Inn blends the amenities of a grand hotel and the ambience of a country inn. The guest rooms and public areas of the inn dwell within a Greek Revival antebellum house and an adjoining Victorian house that share a quaint courtyard and gardens. Book a room now! No minimum stay required.
The nineteen guest rooms, parlors, and library are tastefully designed with fine English antiques and paintings, oriental carpets, tapestries and elaborate draperies.
In-room amenities include:
- Fine linens
- Private baths in each guest room
- Plush towels and bathrobes
- Complimentary internet access
- Fresh flowers and fine appointments
- Wireless Internet Access
Other amenities include:
- Four inviting public parlors, one with a grand piano
- Daily evening hospitality hour featuring complimentary hors d’ oeuvres and beverages from an attended cash bar, including our signature beverage: The Mint Julep
- Homemade cookies served in the parlor
- Famous 1842 Inn Breakfast,
- 24 hour Front Desk
- Daily Housekeeping included
Outdoor features include:
- As a distinctive lodging property, the inn features complimentary full breakfast served to the guests along with the morning newspaper to their choice of three locations: in-room, parlor or courtyard.
- Covered portico for check in
- Seventeen column, wrap around veranda with comfortable, open sitting areas
- Garden and courtyard with quaint wrought iron chairs, tables, fountain.
- Porches for relaxing
History of the Inn
The house, built in 1842 by John Gresham, is a fine specimen of Greek revival architecture. Mr. Gresham, a former mayor of Macon, attorney, judge and cotton merchant lived in the home until 1900 when it was purchased by the B. F. Adams family.
The Adams family made significant changes, which include extending the front porch and erecting columns as well as installing parquet floor and Victorian tile insets on the fireplaces. The Victorian Cottage, which sits across the courtyard from the main house, was moved onto the almost 2 acre property to supplement the main house in 1983. The Cottage consists of nine fully furnished guest rooms with 12-foot ceilings, original heart of pine flooring and a large front porch overlooking the courtyard.
The inn now consists of nineteen guest rooms, hospitality parlors, service facilities, as well as a courtyard and porches for entertaining.